Why Join SHRM?
- Student membership is $40 which is less than 20% of the $219 professional membership cost.
- There are phenomenal networking opportunities that you can only attend if you are a SHRM member.
- Members have access to the job board.
- Useful research information, only accessible to SHRM members, is provided on the local and national websites.
- If you have had an internship or job in HR that has given you 500 hours of experience, you will be eligible to take the SHRM-CP exam right after you graduate. This is a professional certification that you normally must wait two years in an HR job to be qualified to take. It will set you apart from other new hires/candidates. Please note: the SJU Management Department subsidizes this exam for all MHC majors/minors.
- Student pricing for all Philly SHRM events and seminars. (Refer to the Philadelphia SHRM tab for more information on how to register for student discounts on events and seminars.)
- If you are an SJU undergraduate Managing Human Capital (MHC) declared major or minor*, the management department is able to offer a $30 subsidy towards your $40 membership fee. Your total annual cost while still an MHC Undergraduate student is only $10!
- *All other students (including undergraduates in other disciplines, and all graduate students) will receive the discounted $40 membership rate but not the subsidy.
How to Register for the National SHRM Organization
Please complete the following steps:
- You must apply through the national SHRM to join the SJU student chapter. Go to https://www.shrm.org/about-shrm/Pages/membership-b.aspx. Scroll down and select Student Membership, Join. Make sure you associate yourself with the SJU chapter.
- Complete the form and pay the $40 membership fee. Upon receipt of your payment, all SHRM registrants must forward your documentation to Dr. Lucy Ford, Director of the SJU Managing Human Capital major (firstname.lastname@example.org) and our Chapter’s Membership Coordinator.
- PLEASE NOTE: If you are an MHC undergraduate major/minor, $30 of the $40 membership fee will be reimbursed to you by the SJU Management Department. Dr. Ford will arrange for your reimbursement. All other students (including undergraduates in other disciplines, and all graduate students) will receive the discounted $40 membership rate but not the subsidy.
- Email Grace Jablonoski, President, at email@example.com and George Lutzow, Faculty Advisor, firstname.lastname@example.org to let them know you have joined. Grace will add you to the email distribution list.
- Reminder: You must renew your SHRM registration each year.
Contact either our President, Faculty Advisor or Membership Coordinator to get involved!
President: Grace Jablonoski
Contact Email: email@example.com
Faculty Advisor: George Lutzow
Contact Email: Glutzo01@sju.edu
Membership Coordinator: Dr. Lucy Ford
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org