To receive the latest updates for upcoming meetings and events, please join SJU Pride's email list! Our emails include dates/times, locations, etc.
Weekly General Member Meetings
Each week, SJU Pride holds general meetings for our members. Meeting topics range from general LGBTQIA+ education to social arts and crafts. The purpose of these meetings is to offer a space and time for our members to make friends within our community and to feel accepted and included on campus.
Our meetings typically take place in the Center of Inclusion & Diversity (CID) which is located in the Campion Student Center. Sign up for our email list to receive updates on meeting topics, dates, and times!
Unity Month - October
Each year, Pride hosts a variety of themed meetings and events throughout the month of October to celebrate Unity Month. These events are not only meant to celebrate the LGBTQIA+ community, but to also educate the greater SJU community. Our two most prominent Unity Month events include our annual Speak Out, and our Queeries panel.
- Speak Out is a student-led event which allows the SJU community a space to have their voices heard. Students, faculty, and staff are invited to share their LGBTQIA+ experiences in front of an audience. All are welcome to either listen or participate.
- Queeries is a student-led event in which a panel of LGBTQIA+ students, faculty, and staff are invited to answer questions from the greater SJU community. This provides the ideal space for intersectionality to be explored and explained, and serves to be one of the most educational experiences provided by SJU Pride. Questions are audience submitted, and all are welcome to either ask questions or listen.
Drag Show, Quest, & Lav Grad
Throughout the spring, SJU Pride hosts a variety of large events aimed to celebrate SJU's LGBTQIA+ community.
- Quest is a retreat-style event typically held in March. Student retreat leaders aim to create a sense of community for our general members during an off-campus weekend retreat. Members can look forward to a variety of social activities as well as self care practices!
- SJU Pride's Annual Drag Show is an event typically partnered with SJU's Hawk Hill Productions that invites a professional Drag Queen for a performance on campus. Arguably Pride's most popular event, students are welcome to enjoy a night of food and performance, and even have the option to perform themselves!
- Lavender Graduation is an annual event held during the last week of spring classes in order to celebrate SJU's LGBTQIA+ graduating seniors. During this ceremony, seniors are honored with graduation chords as well as certificates as they are sent off onto their journey into the real world.